RE: 383 2X4 Intake

[AD removed for archives]
So Much Television, Such Little Time!  In Love with Lost(TM) or
Devoted to Desperate Housewives(TM)? Take our premier week
survey, complete our offers, and get a FREE* DVD set of either
show!
caad3QabOyW3Na/Viewer Survey

Actaully, I had thoghtof modifing a CH28 RB intake to fit the low deck.
Getting the ports lined up correctly would take quite a bit though. I
have acess to a pretty complete machine shop and a tig welder. So it not
out of the question. Still, buying a good piece would be best, but I
havent seen any.

I will run the holley street dominator intake untill something better
comes along.

Doc.

Michael Spinazzola wrote:

>       Hi N, I can't think of one. However an extrude honed, port matched
>       stocker with carb spacers might flow enough to get you by depending on
>       your engine and max rpm range (5800-6200). The Offy's are no better than
>       stock except lighter.  Just a thought and I haven't researched it but it
>       occurs to me that the Buick guys used to use the TM-1 383 Edelbrocks'
>       with spacers to fit there engines ,perhaps a highly modified Buick 2x4
>       intake may fit a low block with some serious machining. It would evolve
>       machining the front water passage and the rear of the manifold off,
>       modifying the flanges and possibly some welding. Another approach would
>       be to reflange the high block Edelbrock 2x4,again not cost effective but
>       cheaper than the Buick deal. Of course there is always the really big
>       buck approach of a sheet metal intake. The only reasonably low buck
>       approach is noted above.
>

>                                                                                       Mike

caad3P2bOyW3Nf/Nationwide Survey

----