RE: Overdrive tranny

[AD removed for archives]
So Much Television, Such Little Time! In Love with Lost(TM) or Devoted to Desperate Housewives(TM)? Take our premier week survey, complete our offers, and get a FREE* DVD set of either show!
caad3QabOyW3Na/Viewer Survey

You are probably right. I just can't bring my self to do something like that. It really burns me that MOpar didn't do something like that for our rigs.
MOPAR413 Polara 500 (Gary)

[AD removed for archives]
Did president Bush react quickly enough to hurricane Katrina?
caad3P2b6eGsBa/Nationwide Survey

GARY WILSON wrote: > > Why would anybody want a 700R from a &(*& * ???I believe that you can > buy > the overdrive unit for Mopar and install it behind the 727.

Well, I'm guessing the price.  The Mopar A518 needs an adapter to mount
it to the big block.  This gets real expensive, for the trans plus
adapter.  Adding an aftermarket O.D., such as a Gear Vendors, is close
to $3,000.  I'm assuming a GM O.D. trans is quite a bit cheaper, even
after purchasing the Mopar adapter for it.

The A727 is, however, the best automobile automatic transmission ever,
in my opinion.  Who knows if a GM O.D. trans can take the abuse of a
stout 440.

Sean

[AD removed for archives]
New Apple® iPod® nano. As Thin as a No. 2 Pencil. Stores up to 3
Days of Songs! Get it Here FREE*!
caad3PYb6eGsBf/Superb Rewards

----

[AD removed for archives]
Need a new Cell Phone? A BlackBerry 7250 could be yours free! Find out how!
caad32RbOyW3Nf/Amazing phone

----

bOyW3N.