From: Earl Helm [mailto:earlh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, October 25, 2005 12:58
To: 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: NO2 Issue

[AD removed for archives]
New Apple® iPod® nano. As Thin as a No. 2 Pencil. Stores up to 3
Days of Songs! Get it Here FREE*!
caad3PYbP2uQLa/Superb Rewards

 NOS is like any drug, in the long run you probably can't handle
it, and for sure it is going to cost you money. With NOS or Nitro
it is not "if" your going to blow your motor up, but "when". I
will guarantee you blow it will be faster than a well built motor. After you

hit that button on the new installation of the "Safe" 150HP, your
not going to be able to keep your finger off it. Then you start thinking
late at night, heck the motor is handling this just fine, I am sure
I can get away with 200HP and not hurt anything. Wrong.....
Boom goes your motor. Now your starting to think about spending
some real money. Heck, since I am going to have to rebuild the
motor anyway, why not build a good motor and put a 300HP shot
on the ol girl. I think your getting the idea of how this story line
goes. I have seen this play out many times over the years since
NOS arrived. It is always the same, and it always ends in despair.
This is one statement you will make before you get started, and
you will live to regret it. "I am different, I can handle it, all I
want is 150HP". Okey Dokey....Have a great day.

Earl

 I agree.....saying that NOS is cheating is like saying using an automatic
transmission is cheating....in the old days we used 4 speeds, but obviously,
automatics have proven to be more efficient in many ways.

It's a power adder, just like a larger cam or machine work to a set of
heads.
Just a power adder, more air flow just like a bigger carb or a well flowing
intake. Saying its cheating could be offensive to us real racers who
actually go to the track and race, not those of you who sit in the stands
and critique us.
If you can't build a motor that can support nitrous maybe you should get
back in your ford and go home!!!!!!