Low gear

[AD removed for archives]
So Much Television, Such Little Time!  In Love with Lost(TM) or
Devoted to Desperate Housewives(TM)? Take our premier week
survey, complete our offers, and get a FREE* DVD set of either
show!
caad3QabOyW3Na/Viewer Survey

I guess Joe whats done is done and not to worry which I know you wont anyway.

The low gear idea appeals top me. i am currently running 391s  and i think I could go wth the new 373 s and all would be peachy-keen. I would have more low grunt as the ratio would be slightly better in Low gear and yet my cruising would be easier as well.
I just hate to spend the money.
What about an Ultra-bell  conversion? Wager (400 cheapie ) just did one to put a 904 behind his engine.  Did it all with hand tools . We substituted studs for the bolts but other than that is was easy to do.
BTW 400 Cheapie motor is for sale.
He said he wants $3400 Canadian for it and would have yours truly check it over and put fresh rod bearings in before it goes. (We usually change these in the winters as that way the engine never has fatiqued  bearings and they are inexpensive.  )
He said he would deliver to Ogedensburg or Thousand Islands border crossing.
I am almost finished with the block for his new motor , 426 from a 400.
We made almost everything this  time. even cutting our own spirolox grooves in the pistons. Next time I will  just call Ross or Cp and have them made. Pistons came out at 750 grams which is a lot lighter than what we started with . We used 440 TRW frogings for the basic core.
They are domed with valve reliefs . Too mauch work for this old guy anymore. We are hopping for about 650 HP at 7200 with bullet proof reliability.
Time will tell.
Don.

Don
Author of
Return to Deutschland (True Adventure)
Old Reliable (Mopar)
http://stores.ebay.ca/Don-Dulmage-Enterprises

[AD removed for archives]
New Apple® iPod® nano. As Thin as a No. 2 Pencil. Stores up to 3
Days of Songs! Get it Here FREE*!
caad3PYbOyW3Nf/Superb Rewards

----

bOyW3N.