need advice/parts

[AD removed for archives]
Need a new Cell Phone? A BlackBerry 7250 could be yours free! Find
out how!
caad32RbOyW3Na/Amazing phone

Group: I just purchased a built 383 engine to install in my 1962 Dodge Polara 500. The car currently has a 361 so the swap should be relatively easy. However, my relative inexperience prompts the following questions:

1. Will the 383 block bolt right up to my stock push button automatic trans (it's a 727, correct?) given that I'll be  installing a 2500-3000 aftermarket stall converter? Anything I need to watch out for? What's the best brand of stall converter for my application?

2. The engine probably produces close to 400 hp and I want to add a 200hp NOS system (the engine has forged pistons). Will the stock trans, which has been recently rebuilt, hold up? (I plan to use the car for the street and occassional drag strip use.)

3. I want to install a 3.91 posi. Units of what year will fit? Is my stock unit an 8 3/4?

4. I want to install a trans shield or blanket and a drive shaft loop. Recommendations? And where might I find them?

5. Anyone have a trans shield or blanket, drive shaft loop, or 3.91 posi unit for sale?

6. Will the 383 with a Mopar Performance M1 single plane intake and Holley 750 dp with NOS plate(?) fit under my hood? If not, what combination of intake and carb that will fit do you recommend?

Sorry for the long post.
Thanks a bunch, Rich

[AD removed for archives]
So Much Television, Such Little Time!  In Love with Lost(TM) or
Devoted to Desperate Housewives(TM)? Take our premier week
survey, complete our offers, and get a FREE* DVD set of either
show!
caad3QabOyW3Nf/Viewer Survey

----

bOyW3N.