Electrical blues

[AD removed for archives]
So Much Television, Such Little Time!  In Love with Lost(TM) or
Devoted to Desperate Housewives(TM)? Take our premier week
survey, complete our offers, and get a FREE* DVD set of either
show!
caaeatAbOyW3Na/Viewer Survey

Hi all,

Need help on an electrical glitch on a ?62 Plymouth.

I turned the ignition key and the starter spun. The car didn?t start
right up (been sitting a few weeks) so I thought I?d squirt a shot of
starting fluid.

When I turned the key next I got no starter spin, just a spark/click/pop
type noise like when a battery cable is not fully making contact. I
tightened up the battery cables and still no starter spin.

The headlights are dim and the pressing the horn ring only makes the
horn relay buzz mournfully.
If I press the horn ring with the headlights on the lights, already dim,
get much dimmer.

So far I?ve:

*  tested the battery on another car & it spins the starter like crazy.

*  cleaned the battery cables and the battery ground to the engine.

*  took off the bulkhead connector and cleaned all the connections.

*  took off all the connections on the starter relay switch and cleaned
them.

Seem like some ground somewhere is corroded?

Not sure what to check next.

Any tips?

Thanks,
Gary H.

[AD removed for archives]
Oprah vs Dr. Phil- who is your favorite? Vote now.
caaeatsbOyW3Nf/Your opinion

----

bOyW3N.