RE: 8 3/4 tightening specs

[AD removed for archives]
Oprah vs Dr. Phil- who is your favorite? Vote now.
caaeatsbOyW3Na/Your opinion

According to the FSM... tighten the pinion nut to 150 ft. lb. and using
an inch lb. torque wrench rotate the pinion to determine preload.  The
correct preload is 20-30 in. lb. for new bearings.  If preload is not
correct continue tightening pinion nut in small increments and continue
checking until preload is correct.  A minimum of 175 ft. lbs. is
required on the pinion nut.  The torque on the bearing cap bolts is
85-90 ft. lbs....Brian

moparbikeguy@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I have an 8 3/4 (489 case) that I am trying to set up. I have all the
> specs except the torque for the 4 carrier bearing cap bolts and the
> torque for the pinion yoke nut (using a new crush sleeve). Does anybody
> have those specs available?
>
>  '65 Coronet 500
>  500 CID Wedge
> Try the New Netscape Mail Today!
> Virtually Spam-Free | More Storage | Import Your Contact List
> http://mail.netscape.com

'64 Belvedere
Woodstock, IL.

"The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little
extra."

[AD removed for archives]
New Apple® iPod® nano. As Thin as a No. 2 Pencil. Stores up to 3
Days of Songs! Get it Here FREE*!
caaeatBbOyW3Nf/Superb Rewards

----

bOyW3N.