Re: Cams

 Jeff, my only suggest would be to look at something
from Comp Cams. And no matter which Cam you end up
going with, I would look at the new bee hive springs,
they seem to be the rage and I've read noyhing but
good things about them, especially in cams with over
500 lift. If you run these springs you will not have
to double up. JM2CW.

Dennis

--- ledman_70@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I'm getting ready to build a 426 wedge this winter
> and I'd like some
> input for camshaft selection. I like the 509 Huhges
> cam I'm running in
> my 413 right now, but I'd like to know how much lift
> the 426 can handle
> with basically stock valvetrain, flattops, iron
> heads, headers, and
> aluminum intake with 750 Holley? Would something
> around 533 lift with
> 320 duration, 104 overlap, and 108 centerline be too
> much, and would it
> show any realy difference over the 509 lift? I want
> as much HP as
> possible, of course, but I want a faily
> smooth-driving street car, too.
> While I'm at it, why don't cha just give me the
> whole world,
> too!!!Thanks
>
> Jeff Adams
> 64 Polara