RE: New Member and technical question

[AD removed for archives]
caaegt3bOyW3Na/PC PowerScan

Hi Paul,

Welcome to the group.

I have a question for you.  If you have a parts car, why convert a 4
door to a 2 door?

I feel that it will be easier to either swap the floor and trunk pan
from the 4 door to the 2 door or purchase the floor pans and trunk
apnels from Shermans or some such place.  The conversion requires a lot
of spot weld drilling also but just seems more complicated.

With floors and the trunk, any missed spot welds or goofy looking holes
or whatever is ultimately hidden.  Also, as a pointer, the replacement
floor pans are sized for a Plymouth and will need a 3" strip added to
the rear portion.  You will see what I mean when you purchase the pans.
If you drill out the 4 door floor, there is no problem and the pans will
fit beautifully.

If you choose to actually convert the 4 door, please document the
process with many photos so others can follow that path is they want to.

Good luck.

Kevin

Paul Jensen wrote:

> Hello to the group,
>
> I am new to the Early B Mopar scene. Been involved with Mopars since I
> was
> in my teens.
>
> Since then I have made the A, B, C, E and R body cars of the 70's my
> mainstay in the hobby.
>
> The new project is a 1964 Dodge 330 2 door sedan.
>
> It needs floors, trunk floor and cowl replacement.
>
> I have a 4 door sedan parts car and have been searching the net for
> information on the 4 door to 2 door conversion but no hits on the
> search.
>
> I have heard of the conversion but I would like to digest more
> information
> on the project.
>
> Thanks
>
> Paul

> FREE!

Kevin R. Merkley
Thunder Bay, Ontario
64 Dodge 440 2dr HT (Cdn)

[AD removed for archives]
Make phone calls with phone service from Packet8.Order VoIP
today & get Free Activation, Free Equipment & First Month
Free! Packet8 30-day money back guarantee. 1-877-868-1135
caaegt4bOyW3Nf/TMONE

----

bOyW3N.