RE: Budget Mopar Max Wedge ?

[AD removed for archives]
caaegt3bOyW3Na/PC PowerScan

david mckenna II wrote:

>   With todays soaring prices is there such a thing as
> a 62-65 Max Wedge Mopar 2 door built on a limited
> budget?
>   Yes... for the average guy with average middle class
> income you will be doing most of the work your self or
> buying a turn key car and making payments.
>  Me? I have had a nice stock 64 Fury that I had to
> sell because of work and health issues.Car,max wedge
> motor all went by by (motor went in my brothers 64
> Belvedere). It was the saddest days of my life but
> made me determined to get another car and build it
> piece by piece cent by cent. Man do I LOVE these cars!
>   So I bought a 63 Fury 2 door Hard top from Texas
> this car had "nothing", all it had was a excellent
> body and all nice chrome .....Disassembeled!The 63
> didn't even have wiring harnesses.My wife was furious!
>   It has taken a long time about 4 years and Allot of
> saving money.  I have been buying almost scrap mopars
> that no one wanted and parting out the last nut and
> bolt saving the extra cash from parts. I tried to save
> the best pieces that I needed.
>   I have been doing all the work myself; Rotesserie
> restoration body and paint,transmission,rear end,
> built my own high stall converter,fabrication and
> welding of frame, making my own door panels ect etc.
> The block work will be sent out but thats it!
>    Here is a short list of things I have bought;
> 1000.00 63 2 door shell Nice body
> 1000.00 63 4 door parts car; Nice driver 4 now
> 800.00  68 440 with trans
> 300.00  63 4 door parts car ;ratty for parts
> 1200.00 63 max wedge intake
> 700.00  aluminum pistons
> 1000.00 Paint & materials
>   To make a looong story short...just do it! Make a
> plan and stick to it.
>   When I saw the high prices that people are asking
> for parts  I just found another parts car.I never did
> try to make a living off of selling parts; I just
> tried  to help the next Guy out Cause most of you guys
> are like me...you Love these old Mopars!
>   I can't wait to fire the 63 in the spring and go
> Nostalgia Super stock racing!

Your skills and patience are to be commended!

  Dave Walters
  Denver, Co.

  64 Savoy Post
  64 Bel Post
  64 Dodge 330 Post

[AD removed for archives]
So Much Television, Such Little Time!  In Love with Lost(TM) or
Devoted to Desperate Housewives(TM)? Take our premier week
survey, complete our offers, and get a FREE* DVD set of either
show!
caaeg05bOyW3Nf/Viewer Survey

----

bOyW3N.