Paint job opinions please

Wow ... thought I logged on to a Yahoo message board for a minute there
with all the heavy topics ... and of course I didn't help with my
baseball post ... but here's one that'll hopefully get us back on track:

I am (finally) at a point where my Fury is ready to be sent to the
bodyshop for paint, and this is clearly my weakest area of expertise, so
I would like a few opinions, please:

a) I live in Michigan, and I don't have a heated garage.  It is already
getting cold and will be so until probably April.  Should I send the
Fury out now to be painted, then have it sit in the covered tundra for
the rest of the winter, or would a better idea be to wait until late
winter, so by the time I get it back, it is spring?  The reason I am
asking (and perhaps I shouldn't be concerned?), is that it seems to me
that moving a spanking new paint job into cold, damp storage will
probably not be a good thing?

b) My plan is to find windshield and back window gaskets so I can have
the glass removed for painting.  Is this a big deal, and what do I need,
gaskets AND molding retaing clips for both (windshield and rear window)?

c) (This one is gonna kill the factory-original crowd.  Apologies!)  I
am seriously considering filling in the clip holes along the back panel
... the ones that enable the retention of the back trim pieces that form
the fake grill look between the taillights on a Fury.  (Don't believe
this trim exists on a Belvedere.)  I just don't like the cheap look of
the moldings, and besides, I want to place a kill switch on the right
side.  Remembering that this car is street/strip, not trailer queen show
material, how awful do you think it will be to have a "Belvedere look"
in the back on a Fury?

Thanks and regards,

Jim Jablonski
Royal Oak, Michigan