RE: smoking after a rebuild

Skwerl wrote:

> A question about break-in time before rings
> seat and quit smoking.
> I just had a '65 poly bored .030 and all redone
> the shop say they installed moly not cast rings
> so thhe engine puffs quite a blue cloud warm or cold.
>
> How long for break -in and should she be
> driven hard now ?
>
> Serle

Wow, mine never smoked a bit that I recall. Paul Lenneman was there too.
We probably broke it in a bit higher than 2500 at times as I was pretty
antsy and never let the engine stay at a steady speed. Then after the 25
minutes I got on it regularly. Paul and I smoked the right rear pretty
good not very long after the intial break in. Typically in the past I'd
put 1000 miles on it before I got really serious. This time I took Don
D's advice and have molested it often. I have over 500 miles on it now
and I do not and never have seen any smoke, except the time it puked up
some oil out the dist shaft.

BTW I went .040 over and used Plasma moly rings.

Rich Kinsley  '64 Polara 4 dr 318poly w/goodies

----

bSONJP.