Re: Clock repair questions

In a message dated 10/9/2006 10:00:30 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
62to65mopar@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

"Most  manufacturers had the clock on the lighting system circuit which
runs on a  ten amp fuse. When a car is in storage or the battery becomes
weak, there  is not enough voltage to kick the relay open, but the
battery still has a  large amperage. This will burn the windings of most
clocks out before  blowing the fuse. The cure for this is to install a
two amp quick-blow  fuse and fuse holder in power feed to the clock so it
runs on it's own  circuit." --
http://www.mindspring.com/~dandmrestoration/clocks.htm

Hey, we surf the same websites!  I read that the other day too.   And it
makes a little more sense now that I read it again.  Since I haven't  installed my
clock yet, maybe now would be a good time to make a new, hi-speed,  low-drag
power wire that includes a fuse......

Thanks, Gary

----

bSONJP.