RE: 273/904 : install together or seperate???

RE: 273/904 : install together or seperate???

I totally agree with Doug... I think it is better to put the trans/converter

in the car, then drop the motor in. If your installing headers, it can all
be
done at the same time your dropping the motor in. I do most of my stuff
by myself, so I am always looking for the "one man method".

If I was doing a standard, I would do it all at once, but with an automatic,

better to put the trans in first.

Earl

I've done it both ways many times, and I've decided for myself, that
installing the seperately is easier. all the tilting and adjusting to do it
all as one unit takes a lot of time and just about requires more than one
person.  installing them seperately, its easy to do it by yourself.

I save time my installing the engine with the front accessories mounted,,
which is easy to do if the engine and tranny are seperated during
installation.

I can sometime get away with leaving the hood on.

with manual tranny cars, I do try to install the flywheel & bellhousing with
the engine  as a single unit....  did it with two cars  with the hoods on:
63 330 wagon got a 440+bellhousing,, 64 170 Dart got a 170+bellhousing...

----
topic.  Thanks!

----

bSONJP.