From: Robert neal zimmerman [mailto:northwestweirdo@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, November 06, 2006 3:42 PM
To: 1962to1965mopars@
Subject: wagon rear end strength

vehicle:  my 64 plymouth fury wagon
 subject: 8.75 rear end strength
   concern:  over at the Wagons of Steel Mopar site they were talking
   about the weight of the wagons and wether or not the 8.75 was strong
   enuf for such a heavy assed car such as a wagon, they were upgrading
   to a Dana.
    I found a rear from a 67 coronet 4 door for  100 bucks , so i can
    dump the tapered axle setup, but is this going to be strong enuf for
    a beefy 440 ?? maybe Don D.  old reliable or more??
  I know the 8.75 is a strong rear but the guys at Wagons of steel got
  me concerned about the ass weight issue?
  granted they were discussing a later wagon, i think it was a 73
  coronet wagon so those might weigh more,  or it might have been a
  suburban or somesuch which i think is actually a C-body. I imagine my
  64 is a little lighter.
   neal zimmerman, eugene Oregon

----
topic.  Thanks!