RE: Mopar Red Vinyl Paint colors

Passing along this note:

---

On the Red Vinyl Dye subject.....

  Whatever shade of RED vinyl dye you wind up with, remember that Red is
transparent and the final shade of red will be influenced by the color
you are spraying over.

  It is VERY hard to cover another color with red and it will take quite
a few coats, unless you use an old trick...

  WHATEVER color you are spraying RED dye over, even if what you are
spraying over is red already, DYE IT WHITE FIRST!!

  The white base coat will enhance the transparent red top coat, and
will ensure that everything ends up the same shade of red when finished.

  It may not seem to make sense, but you will use a lot less dye, even
using white base and then red over it.

  I did my 62 P 500 interior this way - door panels and seats. It was
originally white and red two tone, and suffered bad sun fadeing over the
years..  It came out absolutely as new. The red over the white base
coat, just POPPED and I got dozens of comments about how good it looked.
People could not believe it was re-dyed. It looked THAT good.

Ralph Hornbeck

> > I'd like to use some vinyl paint on a some parts of my 64 Plymouth
> > Sport
> >
> > Fury. Is there such a thing as a Mopar Red that I should be looking for?
> >

> > Thanks/ Butch Edison/ Ferndale, WA

----

bSONJP.