Re: best patch panels?

it appears all patch panal for early b bodies are made by the same people but sold by a lot of different ones
try shermans (shermanparts.com )or cross canada for price
the piece they sell for the rear wheel opening is shown as 63 65 fury but is in fact more of a mix of 63 and 64 due to the sharpness of the lip stamping/ /you don't realy tto much notice till they are side by side if you need the stuff for the wagon behind the rear wheel start fabricating because it is different
gerry
64 330 2dr
63 bel wagon

What I have heard is that places like Kramer, Hardens etc buy from the
same supplier, and basically you shop for the best price. When I was
looking for qtr patches for my 64 Ply Belv. I found that the panels were
about 80% there, meaning allot of reshaping still needed to be done. I
also found that the radius around the wheel opening wasnt as tight as
the original.
I did buy a trunk pan from Kramer and it fit awesome. My understanding
is that you cant get these anymore. I paid 350.00 for mine I heard
somebody was selling the last ones for 1000-1500.00!
Unless your a good bodyman, you are going to struggle with these patch
panels, at least that was my experience.

Robert neal zimmerman wrote:

  who makes sheetmetal for the early mopars: like trunk floors, floor
  pans and patch panels.I know Kramers does but i have heard several
  gripings about their ill-fitting cowl panels.
  neal zimmerman, eugene oregon

--
http://www.fastmail.fm - I mean, what is it about a decent email
service?