RE: ELECTROLUMINESCENSE..NO BULBS?

Hi, Welcome to the group. As a former owner of a 66 Charger I'm familar
with EL lighting. I'm giving you a link to a 66 Charger suplement that
has some info on testing the system. Check out pages 3-5. They will
print out full size. I believe your Chrysler used EL bars whereas the
Charger has the EL right on the gauge faces and needles but the
proceedure for testing the power pack is the same. I'm afraid the only
easy thing to check is that the problem isn't in the dimmer reostat part
of your headlight switch. The first thing to check is that you have 12
Volts going to the orange wire of the power pack. If you do then you
either have a bad power pack or a short in the EL system somewhere. Be
carefull of the white wire, it puts out around 200 Volts AC and will
definatley light up your life. There are places like JC Auto that can
rebuild the power pack. There's also some guys in my old 66/67 Charger
Yahoo group that can do it too. Here's the link to the Charger
suplement:

http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Speedway/9048/supplement.html

And here's a link to an Imperial site with more info on EL lighting:

http://www.imperialclub.com/Repair/Electrical/EL.htm

Hope this helps, Dan

----

.