RE: TTI Poly Headers (was: WOW factor)

Scott Powell wrote:

> Hey Guys,
>
> Would it not be worthwhile to invest in some Stainless Steel Socket Head
> Cap Screws and a bottle of Loctite for this application.  Can all the
> bolts be tightened with a socket or is a wrench required for some of the
> bolts?  If all bolts can be accessed with a socket, then S.S.-S.H.C.S.
> would be the way to go in my opinion.  You might have to go to an
> industrial harware supplier to get them, but they are available.  That's
> my 2 cents... ...
>
> Scott Powell
> Grafton, Ontario, Canad

Actually TTI has the system engineered as good as possible for the
difficult "terrain". The bolts they supply are special 3/8 headed bolts
with 12 point heads. I'm sure they are stainless. They have a washer
head and are as short as possible as that is the issue. Some bolts are
under the curve of the exhaust and special dexterity/tools are an assent
if not mandatory. Studs are not a viable option. I bought about 5 or 6
different wrenches and sockets, besides what I had, and heated some of
them up and curved them like a Distributor wrench in order to reach
behind and under the tubes. I got it down to where only about two are a
real issue. It is doable though and worth it to me.

As far as loosening goes, I had two that did loosen and leak after a
couple hours running time. I cured it by testing and retightening them
all and I removed and resealed the problem two. I did this with some
thread sealant followed by some aviation gasket sealer. My cousin
recommended this and it worked great. I check them regularly and they
are very tight. Problem solved. Until I try to get them off :)

Rich Kinsley  '64 Polara 4 dr 318poly w/goodies

----

http:///u/?..