Re: Manifold/header comparisons PART of the answer

Re: Manifold/header comparisons PART of the answer

Yes, only a 36 hp gain over stock 906 heads using the Hooker 1 7/8 headers. The Stage V were ported and flow tested big valve (2.14/1.81) heads with the same Hookers. Max flow on the V's was 291 at .800 lift intake/ 217 at .700 lift exhaust. Max flow on the 906 was 221 at .500 intake/ 160 at .600 exhaust. The 906's are perfect for the cam tested (.488/.491) showing matching your components is critical. A higher lift cam would definitly open this engine up a lot with the ported heads.
I'll try to find if this engine was tested with Eddy heads.

chris davis
coker, alabama

P.S. Got my Old Reliable DVD today and can't wait to watch it!!!

Joeydahook9@xxxxxxx wrote:

This is good stuff!  I'm trying to sort it all out in my feeble  brain.  So...
906 heads 274 Comp cam was 464 hp/5400 523 tq/3800 Stg V 274 Comp cam was 500 hp/5400 538 tq/4200 Hooker headers Stg V 274 Comp cam was 492 hp/5400 536 tq/4200 Hedman headers I must have missed something or did switching to the stage V heads and headers just raise hp 36? I'm just trying to put some of this stuff down to see what level a built up motor will bring. I think I'll start a log with all these magazine articles. Of course, the tuning and even the dyno moves the numbers around. The Comp 274 high lift (231*/237* @ .050 - .525" lift) should be in the same rpm neighborhood, but may hang on longer on the top end with the added lift. I was figuring just under 6000 and the torque in the 3600 range using that cam with ported, big valved 906 heads. I was guesstimating about 475 hp / 525 tq on that combo. Joe

----

----