My two cents: DCX

Should have marked this off-topic, cause it really is, but here's my
take on Daimler Chrysler:

- Not sure who called them an American company, because this was no
merger; Chrysler was bought by Daimler-Benz, and they are calling all
the shots above middle management (not an issue, just a fact)

- Their current problems are due to leadership.  Last summer they chose
to ignore market trends and keep production at full tilt, regardless of
the fact that gas prices significantly halted truck and SUV sales, which
by the way, was their only bright spot in the past 5-10 years.  Cars and
trucks are piled around here like cord wood

- If DCX jettisons Chrysler via sale, it will not be to GM, it will be
to the Chinese or Koreans who are hungry to expand in North America.
Besides, GM is having their own issues, trust me

- Finally, calling anything an American car anymore is a joke in this
global economy.  Here's a trivia question for you: of the 4 models to
run tomorrow in the Daytona 500 (Monte Carlo, Fusion, Charger, Camry),
which is the only one built in the U.S.?  => Camry

Jim Jablonski
Royal Oak, Michigan
'64 Fury

----