RE: 1965 whitewall tires?

I just looked over all the original literature I have for the full line
of Chrysler, Dodge & Plymouth cars for 1964, and the only ones shown in
'64 are the thin ones (i.e. 1 to 1 1/2" wide) so it would be highly
doubtful that they would go back to supplying wide whites in '65.

Gary H. wrote:

> Thanks!
>
> Coker tires sold a friend of a friend some tires that have 2 3/8" white
> walls. Their claim is that 2 3/8" is correct for a 1965.
>
> That width seems too wide to me, based on memory and based on pictures
> of 1965's in the original ads from Chrysler.
>
> From another perspective, anyone know what was the last year Mopar
> shipped cars with the wide whitewalls I associate with the 50's cars?
>
> Thanks,
> Gary H.
>
> mcwheels@ wrote:
> >
> > I would say yes Gary, about 1 to 1 1/4 inches soumds about right. I
> > worked part time for Goodyear back then and if I remember right it was
> > 1967 that they went to the XNW (extra narrow white)
> >
> > Dan
> >
> > Gary H. wrote:
> > > What width whitewall did 1965 Mopars (Sport Fury in particular) use from
> > >
> > > the factory? Was the whitewall Something like 1 1/4" wide?

'64 Belvedere
Woodstock, IL.

"The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little
extra."

----