RE: Heater

I forgot to answer this part of your question last night Jeff. My hose
was brittle too but only the part that was under the hood. I just cut
off the bad part and spliced on some hose that I cut from an extra
connector I had. You should be able to get some new hose that size from
any auto parts store. I used one of those plastic connectors from the
Help section that they sell to connect winshield washer hose together.
One thing I should mention is that even after rebuilding everything I
was still having trouble getting the vacuum controls to work. I have
power brakes and there's a fitting screwed into the intake that the
power booster is pluged into. Comming off that fitting is a smaller
nipple that the heater vacuum hose goes to. After removing the fitting I
discovered the smaller nipple for the heater was plugged with carbon. I
used a small drill to clean it and sucked out the carbon. (still
remember spitting out the little junks of carbon, patooy lol) After that
everything worked fine.

Dan

----