From: "Don Dulmage" <big-d@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, March 09, 2007 9:31 AM
Subject: I am here, Ich bin hier Je suis ici

>  Well it is the frozen North . 8 degrees F this morning. Long past the
funny stage and if  someone talks about global warming this week i am gonnna
wack them.  We are ten degrees below normal and more for over a week. Cindy!
Nice to se you here.  Thanks for Upholstery tips. They worked.
> I have been here trying to behave watching the discussions.
> Stories? Ok, here is a true one.
> Long ago in the early seventies i built a 63 Dodge post car. I bought a
426 hemi and redid it with 12.5 to ones,  a torqueflight and a Dana.  I
street drove it for awhile .( Pic on my sympatico website) One night me and
John Morton  (Mortons Crane Service Belleville )were cruising through
Belleville. A fellow pulled up beside me at the lights at College and  North
front. " What is in that" he asked. " "It's a big six" I replied. He was
driving a big block fury and montioned did i want to run. I nodded. When the
light changed i stayed right beside him never even going out of the primary
front barrels. When I figured he was all done I buried the pedal. John
muttered some unrepeatable words and we dissappeared in that characterisc
little black puff of smoke hemis give when you floor all 8 barrels.  We
waited for him at the next light.  "I thought you said that was a big six ?"
he shouted angrily.  "It is!" I replied with a big grin, "Its a Four Twenty
Six!!!!!" and with that we sped away into the night. I think John stil tells
that story once a week even these days 30 years later.
> There . now I am going back by the fire . It is too dang cold here.
> Don D
> Author of
> Return to Deutschland (True Adventure)
> Old Reliable (Mopar)