65 Coronet Fender Supports

Are 65 Coronets supposed to have a support strap that goes from the
bottom of the fender just in front of the front wheel over to the
frame? or is that part of the fender just supposed to "flap" in the
wind? It looks like there are a couple of holes in my frame just aft
of the bumper supports that could attach suck braces.

Thanks
Bill M
65 Coronet 500 'vert