RE: 400 Thick Main Block

 Dave,

Thanks for the info. So for a bracket racer or a very warm street
rod I would say the thick web 230's are still a bargain if you want
one of the strongest stock blocks ever built.

World has about the same thing as KB in aluminum. What we really
need now is a new manifold to work with the heads that are out.
Unless you use an Indy everything else is inadequate. I hope Edelbrock
builds a new Victor manifold to keep up with the flow of the new
Victor heads.

Earl

Earl Helm wrote:

> Dave,
>
> Not sure what you mean by the World Block?

Earl, go to worldcastings.com There's a big picture of their new Mopar HiPo
block.It ain't cheap though!!!$4500 for an iron block and $4300 for
aluminum.440Source should have their RB blocks here by the end of the
year.Retail on those should be around $1600.

I'm with you on the 230 blocks.It seems guys are willing to step up to a new
block rather than mess/modify an old one though.

> Earl Helm wrote:
> >
> > If anyone is interested, I have found another 400 thick web main
> > block that I will be selling. (You know the cold weather block that
> > does not exist).
> >
> > It is a standard bore block. This is the perfect block to build your
> > big inch ground pounder with.
> >
> > I am asking $600.00 plus shipping if anyone is interested.
> > I thought I would offer it to the goup first.
> >
> > Earl
> >

> Earl,
>
> I have one too that I'd like to sell,but you nearly have to give them
> away now.The new World block is ready and the 440Source one will be
> out by the end of the year.They're just not the Holy Grail they used
> to be.I saw a complete engine go for $300 recently.Mine's cleaned
> magged and sonic checked with killer wall numbers.I was asking a
> lot,but never got any counter offers either.Good luck.
>

>   Dave Walters
>   Denver, Co.
>
>   64 Savoy Wagon
>   64 Savoy Post