Back in the game

Well, hadn't touched the old wagon in a few months. Been a boring boy (all work and no play), but I finally rebuilt an old carter AVS 625 to replace that oversized Holley that's been fouling my plugs out on the street (been great for racing though). Well, I slapped it on and it did everything that was expected of it and then some. Really made me happy. BUT, though I have fairly new wires, and just put brand new plugs in it prior to testing the new carb, its missing hard. There's no indication of a vacuum leak, and the cap/rotor/points are in good shape too. There's just a huge miss on the left side of the motor, and quite frankly I'm perplexed.

I gotta say, there aren't very many miles on this motor (probably less than 60k), but I've ran her hard, and I'm fearing valve train problems. Or more specifically, a lifter or a flat cam lobe. I've got good compression and vacuum, spark to those cylinders and everything. No oil on the plugs. It just plain misses. Any thoughts?

383 B with 906 heads, 4 speed.

Polara_Blues (aka Ben Morgan Jr.)
Me Wicked Wagon (aka The Beast):
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/17688554/<http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/17688554/>