RE: Max Wedge hood?

If I could get at my car to take some pictures, I have the Max Wedge
carb holes cut in my hood done off a templete my nephew has that is the
exact placement for the factory holes. Of course, he wouldn't let go
with any measurments on it as he is very secretive about stuff like
that. I have the Hemi scoop on mine but the holes are where they should
be.

Bill
On Fri, 13 Apr 2007 20:55:20 +0000, "Nick Tiberio"
<furyus63@xxxxxxxxxxx> said:

> Jim,
>
> I'm sure this reply will bring up several answers, but here is what my
> research has shown so far. In 1963 the Dodge 330 2-dr. sedan with code
> 709, 425 hp 13.5:1 CR engine was offered with the aluminum lightweight
> package. The aluminum hood also included an attached two-hump functional
> aluminum air scoop with two carburetor openings in the flat hood panel.
> The inner hood reinforcements were cut away to clear the carburetors.
>
> I have not found information for a steel bodied 63 Dodge 330 2 dr sedan
> produced with a scoop. There were no steel scoops. Anything other than
> this was done by the owner after he received the car.
>
> Nick Tiberio
> 63 Fury
>

> Jim Altemose wrote:
> >
> > What did the underneath of a real Max Wedge hood look like?
> > Particularly, a 63 Dodge, but I'm curious about all.  I've seen two
> > holes where the air cleaners are.  I've also seen a 'home plate' kind
> > of shape.  Was the cutout reinforce, or did they just cut out the
> > ribs?
> >
> > - Jim
> > Jim Altemose, Long Island, NY
> > '63 Polara 500 (Max Wedge), '65 Belvedere I (Street Wedge), '71 Bronco
>

> furyus63
>

> ----
> directly to that person.  I.e., send parts/car transactions and
> negotiations as well as other personal messages only to the intended
> recipient, not to the Clubhouse public address. This practice will
> protect your privacy, reduce the total volume of mail and fine tune the
> content signal to Mopar topic.  Thanks!

  William Cole
  wedge64@xxxxxxxxxxx

----