Carb tuning

Rich Kinsley  '64 Polara 4 dr 318poly w/goodies

I spent 3 hours tonight and carefully followed the Edelbrock manual and
changed my jets/rods accordingly. I used the chart per Earl and switched
to the #11 postion on the chart for my #1404's. It was a stage 2 lean
setting. I previously changed the accelerator pump and metering rods
which helped. However I looked at my plugs again yesterday and they were
wet and getting dark so I got more serious with the change. It's 1 AM
now so I'm gonna be nice and wait till the morning before firing it up.
I have a car club cruise tomorrow so that should give it a good test.

The Edelbrock's were really easy to change and there are myriads of
variations in tune available. I think I'm on the right track. BTW I did
also check the timing and make a slight alteration in that I retarded it
to 8degbtdc as opposed to 10deg. It helped it start better and it ran
cooler with less dieseling at shut-off.

----