RE: Neutral Safety Switch

Mopars *are* fun Dan. :)

I dug around and, amazingly, found the original mail that was posted
here a while back. I'll paste it below. :)

Apparently even though the 1966 trans used a single pole neutral safety
switch internally the Torqueflight was redesigned.

Wally Breer, the fellow who posted it, is no longer subscribed here but
he's a very knowledgeable Mopar dude.

Thanks,
Gary H.

===========paste====
Hi
       The new style switch won't work on a 62 to 65 Torqueflite , a
fellow I know tried it and then called me to ask why his pushbutton
shift selector wouldn't work correctly. I found that the tang on the
manual lever on the valve body will strike the body of the new switch as
it penetrates too far into the case preventing full movement of the
manual lever. The switch body was revised in '66 (despite the fact that
its still a single pin) when Chrysler redesigned the shift mechanism, so
the three prong switch might work in post '66 applications. The centre
pin is for the neutral start
(ground in neutral and park) and the two outer pins are for the backup
lights ( closes in reverse).

Regards
Wally

----