Carbs...RE: 670

I hope everyone is getting the importance of Don's carb instructions.
I would like to review and perhaps put in order some of his lessons.

Carb's are about venture signal. First, get the timing curve right, our
motors like a different timing curve than a chevy. Next get the fuel
pressure right. Then start with the carb. Floats First. Start with the
factory
recommendations. If your messed up, and get it out of whack tuning,
and accelerator pump cam's (Holly), and air/fuel bleed settings, needles if
Eddy.
Almost all Street Avengers and Eddy's work well out of the box. If you
bolt it on and it is a dog, go back to the first step, first, then the carb.

Most Eddy's have the floats set wrong....

Start tuning the primaries, primary accelerator pump, get it driving good
on the primaries, then start on the secondary side. Most carbs have a tuning

chart based on your altitude, use it, it will start you in the correct
direction.
I have recommended this in other post, and members have started with
the factory chart and ended up with good results, and a good understanding
of how a carb responds to changes.

If you skip timing curve, fuel pressure, and go straight to the carb, you
get
statements like, "It does not work like I expected". Like Don said, carbs
are
not that complicated...

Earl

----