RE: gas mileage

I am with you Don as far as a gas thirsting V8 vs a gas sipping /6, its
the whole picture that I am looking at when considering filling up my
SUV at $80-$100/wk and my going to work car at $60/wk and then whatever
I spend on my classic. The whole gas thing just hurts right now and I am
just making excuses to continue to drive the little /6 for this season.
After I get use to the fuel prices and gather up all the pieces to make
the big block switch I will smiling ear to ear forgetting all about fuel
consumption, at least for my classic.

Don Dulmage wrote:

> really though, how much gas do you intend to burn in your classic car.
>  I have asked myself this. I drive about $20 to $30 through a week.
>  Premium  Sunoco 94 if possible.
> The 426 will get about 15 mpg (Canadian gallon. ) approx 12 MPG Us
> gallon. It is only hard on fuel in traffic or at full throttle. Would i
> sacrifice the fun of driving ca 500 hp around on weekends or cruise
> nights for even double the mileage? NO!
> Still nothing wrong though with a good hot A body slant 6 car. Had one
> in a 66 Cuda fr many years. I built it for my wife. She street drove it
> and dragged it. She still has the trophy.
> yes it sounded like a swarm of bumble bees. Stung a few folks right in
> their bowties too!! I watched her put down a 68 chevelle heads up and it
> was no six cylinder. Car ran almost the same as my V10 truck. 15.80s '
> I It got a best of 25 mpg to the Can gallon(ca 20MPG to US gal) .
> Don
> Author of
> Return to Deutschland (True Adventure)
> Old Reliable (Mopar)