Re: steering box

On 59 05/19/07, harry skalla wrote:
> Clear DayHello guys and gals, I'm restoring a 64 Dodge 440, that had a 318
> with power steering. I'm making it a Max  Wedge clone.  My question is can
> I plug off the steering box and not run the pump? I can't get the fitting
> to go on with the max wedge exhaust manifolds on.  So I thought for right
> now I would just plug it and this winter change boxes. Any ideas? Thanks

if my memory serves Knickerbocker from the the MML once had a 63 or 64
Newport,,  big block floor shift manual car that he  drove daily with
1) 74-78 C-body spindles/rotors and 2) a SP box that he didn't run
the pump on.  I think you have to connect the "in" to the "out" fluid
send and returns,  so you'd still need the fitting.   like a manual
box, its tough moving it at low or no speed,  but once the car is
moving its not dangerous or impossible.

----