RE: S[peedo GEars

The 17 orange is correct for 62-65; was pn 2204356. T?Flite Patty, the
seller, will know for sure. Call him (Pat) and double check before you
buy, if you are uncertain of your tire/gear combo, as the text there
says: "although the tire sizes of that era will likely need to be
converted to current sizes for accurate application of pinion tooth
count."

Isn't the moparts.com web page set up for 1966 + up pinions? I don't
recognize the PNs there.

Thanks,
Gary H.

ledman_70@  wrote:

> Someone here sent me a link a couple weeks ago when I was putting the
> 3:91's in my Polara that showed the numbers and which size pinion you
> needed for which gear and tire size. The last 2 digits in the part
> number is the number of teeth on the gear. Try this:
> http://www.moparts.com/Tech/tech/pages/speedo.html
>
> Bill wrote:

> > I'm trying to fins some speedo gears and came across some on ebay. My
> > book says I should either use an 18DP (dark purple) or a 17O (orange.
> > I found a purple gear but its' not 'dark' and it's 17 teeth. I also
> > found an orange 17. Are either or these correct?
> >
> > Purple: Item # 130068622847
> >
> > Orange: Item # 4649281184

----

u/?bUrDWg.bSONJP.YXJjLjYy