Report from England

Posting a note from Robert:

I still can't get anything to come thru via Topica...
In the meantime could you post this for me? Thanks....

Since I last got a message thru to the List (thanks again Gary), we've
had our favorite one-day show over here, at the Brooklands Circuit to
the south of London. It was the 5th (I think) annual Chrysler / Mopar
Muscle Association meeting held there (the world's first purpose built
racing circuit), which is in its centenary year!

Trouble is, no one told the weather gods it was a special day to us UK
Mopar folk, and we had continual rain virtually all day. Those of us
that went had a good time, but I'd estimate there were only around 1/4
the number of cars there compared to previous years. And because of the
slippery conditions the traditional photo-shoot on the banked circuit
was canceled.

The Polara performed well though, despite getting wetter in one day than
it probably has done in all its previous 45 years added together!
Correct circlips in the UJ & a new trans mount seems to have cured a
lot, if not all, of the vibrations we had. Haven't really had a chance
to try it above 60mph, but should do again over the next few weeks.
When we changed the UJ & trans mount we did try to floor it from about
40-50 (that's when we previously noticed the worst vibrations), but run
out of road so didn't get a proper test! We did notice a dull 'thud'
from under the car, but couldn't tell what it was.
We found out though, next time, my bro looked under the car, and saw
that the ball & trunnion gaiter had disappeared! Oh well, something else
to add to the list.

By the way - we chose the Schumacher trans mount over the Imperial
Services one (both polyurethane) purely cos it was about $20 cheaper.
When we received it however, we were surprised to see 'Imperial
Services' moulded into the polyurethane! Got it in around a week too!
We'd probably still be waiting if we'd ordered from Imp Services...

Anyway, here's some pics of the Brooklands meet, by a friend of ours. I
did take a bunch of pics myself, but didn't get as many of the cars as
this guy. Hope you like 'em......

http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=2091686229&code=28158964&mode=invite&DCMP=isc-email-AlbumInvite

Hope the weather improves for the next one in mid-June.

Until then, all the best

Robert
England

----