Holley 4781 double pumper priming?

I'm trying to install a Holley 4781 double pumper.  I have a Barry
Grant electric fuel pump.  Do I need to prime the carb float bowls
first?  How do I do that?

I'm running the pump and pumping the pedal, but I'm only getting a
minuscule squirt.

Thanks.

- Jim
Jim Altemose, Long Island, NY
'63 Polara 500 (Max Wedge), '65 Belvedere I (Street Wedge), '71 Bronco