Re: 65 Coronet Production #'s

These production figures are geared for people into big block engines,
hardtops and convertibles.

Total 1965 Dodge Coronet production for the U.S. came to 205,175 units -
51,621 with the slant six and 153,554 with a V8.  I do not have a breakdown
between Coronet and Coronet Deluxe, but the combined production was

2-door sedan - 6 -8.906
2 -door sedan * - V8 - 4,346
4-door sedan - 6 - 27,439
4-door sedan - V8 - 21,192
4-door wagon - 6 - 3,053
4-door wagon - V8 - 6,452
* also includes S/S model

Coronet 440 -
4-door sedan - 6 - 8,331
4-door sedan - V8 - 48,433
2-door hradtop - 6 - 3,130
2-door hardtop - V8 - 23,073
2-door convertible - 6 - 264
2-door convertible - V8 - 2,522
4-door wagon, 2-st  - 6 - 498
4-door wagon, 2-st  - V8 - 8,447
4-door wagon, 3-st  - 6 - not offered
4-door wagon, 3-st  - V8 - 6,344

Coronet 500 -
2-door hradtop - 6 - not offered
2-door hardtop - V8 - 29,577
2-door convertible - 6 - not offered
2-door convertible - V8 - 3,168

Unfortunately the web figures do not mention how many 3-on-the-tree models
were built, so there is no way to determine how many of the V8 models had a
273 or 318 for the 2-door sedans. or the 440 convertible.

Total 1965 Coronet production came to 209,393 - the addtional 4,218 units
were exported.  Some may have been shipped to Canada, but it required a
special order as Chrysler Canada did not market the 1965 Coronet (or
Belvedere) in Canada.

Bill
Vancouver, BC