Re: Rear tapered axles/ brakes

so take off the puller, put lug nuts back on and tap on the studs with a hammer?? I thought the '64 and older tapered axles has one-piece hub and drum??

-----Original Message-----
From: Kevin Merkley <krmerkley@xxxxxxxxx>
To: 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 10:14 am
Subject: RE: Rear tapered axles/ brakes

Hi,

The drum can be separated from the hub.  Tap in a few of the studs and
the drum will loosen.

The drum is the same as the newer Diplomats and such.

K.

bschleic57@xxxxxxx wrote:

> My 63 Fury has a leaking LR wheel cylinder.? I have them on the shelf
> new and the lines are replaced with SS, so I pull off the wheel, attach
> my trusty (rusty) wheel puller and whack away on the turn piece.? it
> tightens up but drum is still firmly attached.? a little heat.? nothing.
> plenty of PB Blaster nothing.?
>
> Yes i remembered to back off the self adjusters.? The nut was on plenty
> tight, maybe someone used an air wrench and not torque wrench.
>
> Any thoughts, wisdom or condolences?
>
> WHS

Kevin R. Merkley
Thunder Bay, Ontario
64 Dodge 440 2dr HT (Cdn)

----
Please address private mail -- mail of interest to only one person -- directly
to that person.  I.e., send parts/car transactions and negotiations as well as
other personal messages only to the intended recipient, not to the Clubhouse
public address. This practice will protect your privacy, reduce the total volume
of mail and fine tune the content signal to Mopar topic.  Thanks!