RE: Attention All Woodward Cruisers

Gentlemen, trust me on this one: do not rely on or expect common sense
from the Royal Oak PD.  As Kurt pointed out, there are good folks on the
department, but this is a very stressful event for them and emotions run
high.  Also, unfortunately, they are hamstrung by political influences
who would just as well stop the cruise altogether.

As a resident, it is perplexing.  On the one hand, there are motorcycles
stacked-up like cord wood on the sidewalks downtown during the
weeknights, but if you dare pull your car over on Woodward to park and
enjoy the cruise, you can surely expect attention from the police.

Kurt - make me mayor and I will fix this!

Jim Jablonski
Royal Oak, Michigan
'64 Fury

----