old mopars

An old friend who used to watch me race when he was a kid was severly injured in a car accident. now recovered he travels western Canada looking for old cars. last night he showwed me one of hios latest and said he also had a 65 valiant 2 dr hrtp . He was driving a 66 valiant 273  and it was the fancy version
code was LP23 for those who know about such things (I do not) it is an original v8 car though and American (USA ) production. I suspect it was a 2 bbl originally but it has a Wiend manifold now. He also has a 69 cornet 440 RT a coule of 67 300s and a 67 dart with a siezed motor showing v8 emblems.
Western Canadian cars tend to be very good . Not a lot of moisture out there and they do not use salt in the winters. My own car is from Western Canada and under the floormats there was still paint on the floors and no rust. He is stopping by this week with more info on the 1965 Valiant. I will know morethen. he gets places most of us have t niether the time nore info to go. Mostly far northern Alberta and Saskatchewan
Don
Author of
Return to Deutschland (True Adventure)
Old Reliable (Mopar)