Re: Convertible tops

My 64 sport fury has a white top with white pads and white underneath. I was told it was original but I don,t know. the entire rest of the car is original including the interior so I would expect the top to be so. Dave O ----- Original Message ----- From: "Dan McCormack" <mcwheels@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, September 06, 2007 11:13 AM
Subject: RE: Convertible tops

I see your questions have been answered David. There's no full liner
under the top but there's pads that run down over the rails on both
sides. And every convertible I've ever owned, including my 63 Fury, with
a white top has been black underneath. The pads are black too.

What I wanted to add was a tip on putting down the top. I always put it
down about 2/3 of the way. Then I pull out the material and pads from
between the rails and before putting it down the rest of the way. This
prevents the material from being pinched by the rails and eventually
getting cut.

Dan

----

----