To: <1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, September 10, 2007 3:27 PM
Subject: Re: oil pressure

Well, rule #1, if you don't KNOW you have oil pressure, don't rev the thing to 3 grand. I had a new oil pump that wasn't giving any pressure once on my 413. The bypass valve was stuck from sitting on the shelf. You might check that said valve is operating properly in your pump (there's a hex plug on the housing through which you can access it, but it can get messy). The bypass valve is basically a piston with a spring behind it. Make sure the piston can travel freely.

Dave Casey

----- Original Message ----- From: "harry skalla" <moweepea@xxxxxxxxxxx>