RE: 426 from 400.

Don,

Nice work. I think the key here is a common ingredient called common sense.
To quote a famous
American author: Common sense is not all that common. It is nice your doing
this with Mopar engines,
but it can be done with any engine. Yep even Chevy's. My two bolt main 454
runs as fast as most
high dollar 500 + big blocks with a mechanical throttle stop keeping it a
3/4 throttle so I never
hurt anything, and my 60ft to 1000ft times are deadly consistent.

A 5.75 should put you into the sub 9 second range for the 1/4 mile. I am
glad your showing people how
to go fast, have some fun, without having to hock the farm. I would love to
learn the specs on your build.
Your common sense approach earns you a lot of respect in my camp.

Thanks,

Earl

For you motor guys fooling with the b series big block our LITTLE 400
stroked to 426 made it first outing in an RED this month. it is an old fuel
car so it is a bit heavy but the little b uncorked a string of 5.75s in the
eighth . We are aiming for 5.60 anythings. This engine came right out of the
doorslammer so is a practical motor for anyone running a 383 nostalgia set
up in our 62 to 65 cars.  There was a string of Chevy racers during lunch
coming  down to our pit to see if itr REALLY WAS a Mopar BB in that rail..
(I am serious. It was almost a parade.) Most are runing 540 BB Chevies and a
couple of 610s and were quite shocked to get stung by a lil ol 426 cubic
inch 400.
One guy told me he had 35 in his car (he meant $35000) I told him we had
that in this motor but I meant $3500) All he could manage was a whispered 'i
know, i ve heard"
Anyway no secrets if anyone wants the combo info is available.  peak power
is a 6850 Don Author of Return to Deutschland (True Adventure) Old Reliable
(Mopar) http://altonapublicschool.faithweb.com/

http://seniordragster.bravehost.com/index.html

----
topic.  Thanks!