From: Dan McCormack [mailto:mcwheels@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, October 30, 2007 11:48 AM
To: 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: Steering gear box removal

I took mine out thru the bottom on my 63 Fury Butch. I think I  removed the
starter first too. Be prepared it's heavy. Now as far as putting it back in
here's a trick I came up with because I found it impossible to try and hold
it up in place with one hand while laying on the floor and getting the first
bolt started with the other hand. I tied a rope around the box and had my
son pull it up thru the engine bay. That took all the weight off of it so I
could wrestle it back in place and get the bolts started. Btw I got my box
from Steer & Gear too. Nice people.

Dan

Butch Edison wrote:

> I'm going to be removing the steering gear box from my 64 Plymouth
> Sport
>
> Fury (power steering) for rebuild by Steer and Gear. As I'm looking at
> it in the car, I'm thinking that the gear box may not come out from
> the top, might not clear the exhaust manifold. Any suggestions or
> advice would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks/ Butch/ Ferndale, WA
>
> Mopar...if you have to ask, you'll never understand.
> 64 Plymouth Sport Fury, 383, A727 floor shift

----
topic.  Thanks!

----