To: <1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, November 03, 2007 5:37 AM
Subject: 361 inquiry

well i am reading all of your replies and so far the
"let sleeping dogs lie" theory seems to be the way i'm
leaning. but i would like to clarify a few things. the
stuff i have aquired over the last year should pay for
the motor itself and some change, spitfire headers, a
2x4 intake (which i'm not gonna use) p 600 intake w/ 3
holley 94's, carbs are rebuilt and NICE, blocked off
idle circuits on two outboard carbs, chokes removed on
same, extended throttle shafts w/ 5.5 power valve (to
start) BUT I STILL NEED...linkage, fuel block,
pressure regulator, (preferrably old "UFO" style)
.450ish lift cam, heads ported and hardened valve
seats, along w/ the rebuild kit etc. etc., so when
this 361 came along, it got my wheels turning, i have
the big block trans already, it has a cast iron 4bbl
intake 178xxx PN, from the 50's? maybe? only problem i
have w/ the engine is i dont know the builder, but it
looks good and he yanked it to install a hemi. (some
ppl have too much money) so i guess i got to thinking
i could sell the two intakes, carbs and headers, buy
said 361, have the extra oomph and cash, and be done
w/ it. but now i'm starting to lean toward selling the
stuff leaving the 2bbl poly alone put the poly i was
gonna build in storage, and buy a couch. LOL  honestly
i have no idea. keep throwing the input out there, by
all means,.. actually, please. thank you all. Sean