Re: polyheads

when i joined here  about 4 years ago, my first 62-65 was a 1963
belvedere four door. It had a  freshly rebuilt 318 poly in it, with
all paper work, built by a local machine shop, and i would say they
did it   right. Every body remarked on how nice that motor sounded and
ran.  It had a factory four barrel on it.  I had resevations about the
318 poly as i had never seen one, and hadnt really even heard of them,
but i grew to love that engine.
  One  copless  sunday morning  at the bottom of a long , fairly steep
uphill grade( about3/4 mile long) I decided to see what she   had. I
got on it ,pedal only three-quarters  to the floor   and that big old
boat climbed and climbed, the needle nevr stopped, it  kept rising and
she crested the hill at about 110 mph and  i could tell she had much
more in her.  and that was all uphill. pretty impressive in my book.
  at that point the poly 318 earned my respect
   neal zimmerman, eugene oregon