RE: gear box

Harry,
Sean is correct about the master splines.  However, I think that there
are 4 master splines on the output shaft to the pitman arm.   Here's
what I would try.... Center the wheels, then pull off the pitman arm,
center the steering wheel, then see if the pitman arm will go back on
the output shaft in that location...Brian

Sean B wrote:

> Harry,
>
> There is a master spline on the gearbox, coupler, and steering wheel.
> Since you didn't remove the steering wheel, it must be where the box
> joins the coupler.  Remove it, and you will see on each where one groove
>
> seems to be missing.  These are the master splines, and they need to be
> lined up.
>
> Sean
>

> harry skalla wrote:
> >
> > Clear DayHi all, ok, I did something wrong. I replaced my steering box,
> > and
> > thought I had my steering wheel aligned, but when I tightened it all up
> > and
> > took it for a drive ...opps! steering wheel was not straight. Is there a
> >

> > trick or a certain way do hook it all back up so that the steering wheel
> >
> > is
> > straight? Any ideas thanks.....
> > Butch

'64 Belvedere
Davenport, Iowa

"The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little
extra."

----