RE: Centerforce Clutch problem

ledman_70@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I spent $49 from Brewers to REPLACE the missing overcenter spring in my
> Polara, but the pedal still rests about 2" lower than the brake. Why do
> you guys remove the spring? I am also interested in this post because
> I'm replacing my Zoom clutch this winter and haven't decided which way
> to go yet. My clutch only has 1500 miles on it, but I can spin the
> clutch out slamming 2nd gear. I can launch in 2nd burning the tires, but
>
> it won't hold if I shift it hard. I think it's because Zoom clutches are
>
> junk. What do you guys recommend for a 64 Polara, 426, with 3:91 gears
> and 28" tall tires?

I don't have enough time behind this CF set up to recommend it either
way.But,I'd wouldn't rule out a Mcleod set up.The OC spring is removed
per CFs insruction sheet.Or,you can keep the OC spring and use an extra
heavy fork return spring.The OC spring,generally,is retained for the B&B
set up and removed for a diaphragm clutch.

How much clutch pedal play is there before resistence? You may have the
wrong fork.

  Dave Walters
  Denver, Co.

----