runout

respecfully,
Thousands if not millions of clutches have been serviced without this even being a thought.  The FSm has it there so if one is having trouble you can check it. When would you check it. One is when  the  trans is mysteriously popping out of gear on its own.
As a professional mechanic  which means one who made his living that way and is certified in his trade (both Canada and USA)we would have to do the job again for nothing if it failed so if we thought this would be necessary we would do it everytime. Oviuosly it is not.  I am always amazed though how the folks who do it for a hobby or the parts guys always know better. Simple straight forward jobs become nigtmares with a hanes manual and a overzealous under-nourished  person swingng the wrenches. So if you must go ahead . it certainly wont hurt but even the times i did need to check it it was well within the limits.
if you go to most fellows (pro mech)and ask to borrow their tool for checking bell housing runout you will probably get a blank stare and a Whatsyoutalkinabout. it is not that common a problem really.
Do you think when you car was built that they checked it as t it went down the production line?
Not likely. The parts are well made and i all but a very verey few vercumstances will be satisfactory as is. really  no baloney. even when swapping factory parts from car to car.
Don
Author of
Return to Deutschland (True Adventure)
Old Reliable (Mopar)