Re: A-727 bellhousing conversion

You can swap the internals from a small block to a big block, or visa versa.
But I don't see how you can swap bellhousings, since the bellhousing is cast into the case.

     Jimmy

Brian Safford wrote:

I've heard that it is possible to swap the bellhousing on an A-727
tranny with one from a B-727 so that it will mate up with an RB motor.

I'd like to get the group's thoughts about doing that instead of
acquiring a push button B-727 tranny, as my A-727 has been recently
rebuilt, has a Frank Lupo 2800 stall converter and a Transgo shift kit
that I'd like to use.

The motor will be a 413 that will hopefully produce around 500 HP.

Thanks in advance,
Brian Safford
'62 Dart 440 4-door

----